Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rosanne


Add ImageI love the television show Roseanne. You probably think I'm nuts. But here is a little back round. Growing up, I wasn't allowed to watch it, it was considered "trash". You see, my dad went to high school with Roseanne Barr, he wasn't a big fan of her to say the least. I didn't really ever have a desire to watch it when I was growing up. Everything my parents said was always the truth. So when they said that Roseanne was a no good show, I took their word. Flash forward 15 years. I start dating a handsome man with the name of Scotty B, one day he did something unthinkable, he put the TV on Nick-at-Nite and Roseanne was on. "Ugh! this is trash, change the channel" Scott declined, and I was forced to watch the show or leave the room. I watched it, and when another episode came on right after, I watched that one as well. I was hooked. Now, I own the first four seasons. My family thinks that I've lost my mind, I'm sure. I bet my dad has considered disowning me. The reason I don't own any seasons after the 4th is because it almost became a different TV show towards the end of the 4th season. The show was more cynical and just not as funny.

Anywho, I posted this blog because I was just talking to Scott and telling him how I'd like to watch some season one of Roseanne tonight. You're welcome to come over or we could schedule a Roseanne-a-thon!

No comments:

Post a Comment