Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm a geezer

So, growing up I'd always look at people that were married and had children as though they were SO much older and so adult. Here I am about to turn 27 and I don't feel old. Here are two recent examples that opened my eyes as to just how "grown up" I am now.
-The other night, I spoke with Scott about having the missionaries over for dinner. He said, "Why?" and I said, "That's what people in the ward do, they feed the elders! Don't you remember your parents doing that when you were growing up?" and he said, "well yeah, but people that have the missionaries over are grown-ups, with kids and stuff like that. " me, "And how do we not fall into that category?" Scott, "grown-ups have a dining table, we don't" me, "What's that thing in the kitchen that seats 4?" and to this statement...silence..that's all I got. He and I both realized, we're sort of growing up.
-My next example is this; I was cleaning out my closet a couple weeks ago and I found 3 rolls of undeveloped film. So I took them to Target, they said that they'd have to ship the film out and it'd be back in about 10 days. I was thinking, "man, what happened to the days of one hour photo?" Apparently, these days that only applies to digital photos. So, yesterday I went to Target to pick up my film and the teenager behind the counter handed me the rolls and said, "These are blank" to which I responded, "see here on the cartridge? it says that the roll has been used and has photos on it?" (there was a tab indicating that). He just started blankly at me. So I continued, "could it be that it expired?" he said, "I don't know, we don't know much about camera film. Just digital" And that my friends, is where I felt like a geezer. So I quickly responded, "Oh..well, yeah...of course! I mean, -I- didn't use these recently! I have a digital camera.. I just found these in the back of my closet from years ago..." And then I walked off realizing that the years of film are apparently over..

No comments:

Post a Comment