Thursday, April 29, 2010

Wow I'm behind..

So the other day I was complaining to Scott that more than a year of Noah's life has gone by and there is so much of it that I haven't written down in a journal or anything like that. He suggested that every other night or so that I get online and update my blog. Isn't he a genius?! I think so. So here is a little update.
Noah is 14 months old. He doesn't walk yet, but he scoots all over the place on his bum. It's very cute, but I'm afraid that he'll wear the bottoms out on all his pants! Every time I try to get him to stand, he just thinks its time to jump. I've been working with him a lot lately on this, and he just has no desire to walk. My doctor said that its probably because of his size (he's in the 90th percentile) and because of frequent ear infections. The frequent ear infections can throw off his equilibrium and make it harder for him to balance to crawl or walk. I'm not too worried about it yet because my older brother didn't walk until like 16 months.
Noah LOVES to play patty cake, he claps his hands and "rolls" them like he's rolling the dough and then he throws his hands in the air and smiles! He loves to clap at people and laugh at everything. Lucy (our dog) is his favorite. When he gets up in the morning he wants to go right to Lucy's crate and wake her up. Lucy is very patient with him when he pulls her tail and her ears. We're trying to teach him to be more gentile.
Another thing that he loves is sitting by the big window at his Grandma and Grandpa Bingham's house. He loves to sit there with his grandpa and stare out the window. Noah points at everything he sees and exclaims in a loud whisper, "shashawshh" or other whispers that don't make sense. He laughs when he sees grandpa come up the stairs and crys if grandpa doesn't take him right to the window to look outside. I think Noah would be content looking out the window for days. Well, that's it for today. I'm going to go watch some Heroes with Scotty b. I'll be better about updating, at least for my sake. It helps me to feel organized :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you! Just so you know, Jack didn't start walking untill he was between 14 and 15 months. Enjoy the scooting while you can! I miss you, let's get together... the zoo maybe? (this is Lindsey by the way, I don't know how to change it from Pear Tree Design)

    ReplyDelete